Thursday 29 July 2010

CM-Group_Placement Week 4

Hi there,

I'm now approaching the end of week 4, and it seems to have flown bye, which must mean only one thing! I'm having fun :-)

This week I have been lucky enough to work alongside a group of people on Flash based work, all of which is coded in AS2 [ActionScript 2.0], which is new to me, as I have only done AS3 before hand.I have also been synchronising audio into the IMI, so that the avatars voice is in sync with the graphics and animation displayed on the screen/stage.

Aside from Flash the British Gas skinning is all complete and has been handed-off, which is a good feeling, although I wouldn't have achieved half as much without the help and guidance of my mentor. So thanks Keith :-) I feel that this week I have really started to become part of the workforce, taking part in the development of E-learning, some of which is stand-alone work and other parts I need a great deal of guidance on. However, the whole point of the placement is to go on a learning curve.

I'm looking forward to doing more of the same next week, as we have some more Flash based work in the pipeline.

Aside for work, all is good at the moment - looking forward to the weekend as I'm off down to Penarth and Barry to see family and friends, as well as go to the beach - I would never miss the opportunity to go the beach, sun, sea and sand, and the hope of a better tan :-)

I'll give an update on placement progress again next week
Bye for now
Rach :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment