Friday 23 July 2010

CM-Group_Placement Week 3

Hello

Week 3 has been fairly busy at times, the amount of work fluctuates from day to day, dependant on the deadline given by the client. I have completed my skinning for British Gas and finally estabilshed how to publish content out of Luminosity [CM's in-house software i mentioned before]. However, in doing this I have learnt that although my work can look good and be fully functionally on my desktop or off a hard-drive, once implemented into another piece of software, no end of problems can occur, as well as some crucial files not transferring.

I have also done a small amount of Flash work, starting to get to grips with how they create content for their clients. One major difference with doing Flash in commercial companies is that they tend to do all their ActionScript coding in AS2, whereas, as at Uni we have purely been taught AS3. So at the moment, I'm getting to grips with AS2, so can help out more on future flash based projects.

Aside from work, life has been fairly relaxed. I'm starting to get used to the long commute, with it now feeling normal to drive 100 miles each day, although initially i found it exhausting. Whilst I've been at work, my family seem to have started re-furnishing parts of house, each day I go home something looks different :-). Anyway weekend soon, hope we get some sunshine, it seems to like to rain here!!

Bye for now
Rach :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment