Friday 16 July 2010

CM - Group_Placement Week 2

Hi

I am now coming towards the end of my 2nd week on placement and it has been a very good one. I have developed a British Gas skin for a course, which is similar to creating a template for a website. As well a creating the skin, I have had the opportunity to talk and pitch my ideas to the British Gas client himself when he came to take a look at my initial skin design on Wednesday. Although, I found the wait daunting, when it came to it I found confidence I never knew I had and both myself and the client went away satisfied with the outcome. I cannot however take all the credit for it, as I have a mentor helping me, so I can transfer what I have learnt at Uni and place it into their way of thinking and developing courses for their clients.

I feel I am settling in better now, as I am not quite so mentally drained, as I was when the end of week 1 approached. I guess that was due to nerves, an unfamiliar environment and a lot of commuting, which to be honest I wasn't used to with the close proximity of the University in relation to where I live.

Currently, I am using Flash to develop my virtual hospital, a project I did for Uni, which I am continuing with, whilst waiting for the storyboard to arrive, ready for the XBox work in Flash. Anyway, I best crack on!! I will be back to write more about my time on placement soon.

Rach :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment